1. Welcome! This dog forum was created by dog lovers from all around the globe, experts and amateurs who believe in the balance between humans and dogs. Please feel free to sign up and join one of our ongoing discussions or start your own!

Warning! Dog Dies After Getting Head Stuck In Chip Bag

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Safety Forum' started by FatHead09, Aug 6, 2012.

1. FatHead09

FatHead09 Wonder Muppy Pack Leader

I'm using my tablet and haven't figured out how to copy/ paste yet but this morning I came across an article about a Pit Bull named Lucy who died after getting her head stuck in a Frito Lay bag.

If you are a chip eater please take a minute to cut the bottom out of the bag before you throw it away .

2. oshwyn5

oshwyn5 Mature Dog Pack Leader

Don't see how a dog could find it impossible to get a chip bag off its head, they tear so easily.

My dogs all know that the trash cans and recycle bin and plastic grocery bag container are "off limits".

I did have a cat once who was checking out a plastic grocery bag and got one of the handles over her neck. She took off running with this bag flapping behind her and continued to run breakneck through the house trying to escape it for several minutes before I managed to grab it and release her.
  3. Carney

Carney Mature Dog Pack Leader

This actually happened to a good friend of mine. Her then 7 month old Sheltie was left alone in the kitchen for "just a few minutes" that ended up being about thirty minutes. He somehow got his head stuck in a potato chip bag and was smothered. My friend was devastated and blamed herself for years. I would never have believed it possible, but...
  4. Adrienne

Adrienne Kiss me! Pack Leader

Dogs
    Wow...never would have thought that could happen.
  5. Frenzy07

Frenzy07 Adolescent Dog Pack Leader

Wow. I would have never thought this possible either, but it just goes to show that anything can be a hazard no matter how "harmless" it seems.